The games for WhatsApp are one of the best ways to hang out and have fun with friends, family or couple. This revolutionary application was born as a means of sending instant messages, but its versatility can go further if we make use of
Today there are thousands of games available to play on a smartphone, however this was not always the case. In fact, believe it or not, there was a time when text messaging was the sensation.
There are people who still use an old phone or some people even won’t use when they have a smartphone, as they don’t want to play Angry Birds or any other game of the thousands available in the form of an application.
Fortunately, there are wide variety of games in the form of text that can be played through WhatsApp. Most are simple, but they can provide long periods of entertainment.
Top 20 best games for WhatsApp
1- Challenge from 1 to 9
Question: Choose a number from 1 to 9 and I will send you a challenge. Answer quickly
- Have a date with me
- Send me a voice note saying that you love me in three romantic ways and put our names in your status
- Take a picture and send it to me now
- Describe me in three lines
- Hug me the next time you see me
- Write your name and mine as your status for 24 hours
- Call me and say my name out loud
- Send me a picture of you using the least possible amount of clothing
- Be my girlfriend or my boyfriend
2- Where am I?
Although it might look like a child’s game, it can work when you and your friends are bored. Send a WhatsApp message to a group of friends describing your environment so they can guess where you are.
If it is a place that you know very well, be sure to use descriptions and words as complicated as possible. If you do not know the place, tell them the first and last letters of the name. This game can be an adult game if the right words are used.
3- Build the title
It is a fun game for two or more people where titles of movies, TV series or books are used.
For example, if the title of the first movie in the game is “Chariots of Fire”, the next person should propose a title that begins with the word “Fire”. It is one of those games to play through WhatsApp that continue until one of the participants can not think of a title with the words in the series. The winner is the last one to achieve a title.
4- Guess the song
This is a good game for those friends who have a particular favorite song or artist that both of them admire. Write the first words of a song and challenge your friend or friend to continue. Even better, change the words of the choir for something silly or serious, depending on your mood, and see if your opponent can continue.
5- What do you prefer?
It is a game where you provide your opponent with options to choose from. Usually the option should not be desirable. For example, you can ask: “What do you prefer? That someone rips your fingernails and toenails quickly or that someone cuts paper with your fingers slowly? “
6- Kiss, get married, kill
Choose three people and your opponent must decide which of them to kiss, marry or kill. Do not give him easy options. Be sure to propose only excellent people or only unbearable people, to make it more complicated.
7- Stories of a line
It’s time to create a story one line at a time. Send a friend the first line of a story on WhatsApp. He should respond with the second line and so on. They can create their own characters or a new episode of their favorite TV series. It depends on you.
You probably played this game on some road trip when you were a kid. Decide together with your partner a category, such as celebrities, cars or world capitals.
The first one proposes a name and the second one must respond with another name that starts with the last letter of the previous name. The person who can not name a name is the loser and must propose a new category.
9- Everything with emoji
In a private or group chat, try to have conversations using only emoji or play riddles. For example, you could recreate the title of a movie or a song using emoji. Your friends must guess the correct title.
Hangman is one of the funniest games to play on WhatsApp. It is a very simple game about guessing words, but it always provokes laughter. If you have skill using emoji, you can make the game even more interesting.
11- Truth or Dare
It is a game that perfectly adapts to WhatsApp. It is the classic game of truth or Dare, although to play by messages you can make some adjustments. For example, create a rule in which everyone who performs a challenge needs to provide evidence through photography or video.
A suggestion of questions for the game:
- What is the first thing you notice in a person when you first meet them?
- What is a crazy dream you have had?
- If you had permission to kill a person, who would you kill?
- What quality do you like most about yourself?
- What thing would you like to change about you?
- What do you like about me?
- What do you not like about me?
- Who would you marry?
- What do you think of me?
- Who is the most important person in your life?
Try to get your opponent to answer riddles. Here are some examples you can use:
- What goes down but never goes up? The rain.
- What flies but does not have wings? Time.
- Where was the first potato found? On the floor.
To play through WhatsApp, one of the participants is required to send a question of general interest to the other. The other person will try to answer the question. A variation may be to allow searching the response on the web in the shortest possible time.
Send the following list of 50 movie titles described with emoji to a WhatsApp group. The winner will be the one who guesses the most correct titles.
- with death on his heels
- Breakfast with diamonds
- Smiles and tears
- Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Eduardo Scissorhands
- Singing under the rain
- Open your eyes
- Blood diamonds
- Twenty-one dresses
- The man who whispered to the horses
- Sad trumpet ballad
- A Streetcar Named Desire
- Dancing with Wolves
- Blood, sweat and tears
- The Lord of the rings
- Come to Germany, Pepe
- Free Willy
- Dirty dancing
- The silence of the lambs
- Gorillas in the Mist
- The book of the jungle
- American Beauty
- The Phantom of the Opera
- American foot
- Brokeback Mountain
- Alien, the eighth passenger
- A death wedding
- You have an email
- Tiana and the toad
- Water for elephants
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Snakes in the plane
- Between glasses
- The Lady and the Tramp
- 9 roses
- The book Thief
- Angels and Demons
- The three Little Pigs
- Blind Sunflowers
- The madmen of Cannonball
- Alice in Wonderland
- Vanilla Sky
- The cat with boots
- Mary Poppins
- The little one is going away
15- Mathematical challenge
Using the following emoji guide, the challenge is to answer how much each one is worth (apple, banana, and coconut).
Answer: Apple 10, Banana 4 and Coco 2
16- Alphabet with challenges
Ask your opponent to choose a letter of the alphabet. Once you have chosen, send the following list with the question or challenge that you must answer:
- Update your WhatsApp status with “I’m crazy”
- Send me a picture of your hands
- Flirt with me the next 15 minutes
- Send me a telephone recharge
- Tell me the name of someone you like
- Change your profile picture for mine
- Say “I love you” on a voice note
- Give me something
- Send a marriage proposal with style
- Tell me a joke
- Send me the last 5 photos taken with your mobile
- Name of your ex
- What is your relationship status
- Act as my slave for the next 2 days
- Do not send me messages until the next time you take a bath
- Tell me a secret
- Describe your relationship with the name of a movie
- Sing a song and send it as a voice note
- What did you eat today?
- What did you think of me when you met me?
- How much money do you have in your wallet at this time?
- What is the balance of your mobile at this time?
- Send a screenshot of the main screen of your mobile
- Dance for 10 seconds and send me a video
- Write “Whatsapp” on your left hand and show it to me the next time we see each other
- What song would you give me?
Abbreviations are everywhere, from company names to shortened phrases for easy use. It is possible to abbreviate your whole life by describing what you are doing at a certain moment using the first letters of each word in the description.
To play abbreviations, one of the participants will shorten what he is doing. For example “Taking a coffee in the square” will be abbreviated as “TUCELP”. The counterpart will try to guess what you are abbreviating, constructing the original phrase.
18- What would happen if …?
If you are one of those who
Design a scenario of “What would happen if …?” And share it with a group or an opponent and ask them to describe what they would do in that situation. There are no right or wrong answers, it will only be fun to see the different answers you get.
A variation can be to add multiple options of possible answers to choose from.
19- Guess the character
The next time you find yourself bored, try the next game with a WhatsApp contact. Choose a character (movie, TV series, book, celebrity, etc.) and imitate it. Give clues to your opponent about the character so they can try to guess who it is.
20- Funny pictures
It is a game that you can play with several contacts at once. Search the internet for the funniest pictures you can find and send it to a group. Ask them to do the same. After a few minutes, you will have received many of the funniest photos on the internet.
They can narrow the search to a certain category or genre, to make the game more interesting. You can also try trolling your friends by responding to their photos with memes.